We have the solution for those Olympus 7-14mm Lens shooters out there that want to use our excellent K9 holder. The Kase K9 Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 pro Adaptor is designed to allow you to use 100mm filters with this lens, offering you a great solution, and a robust adapator.
- Lightweight Alloy Construction
- Secure Fitting
- Minimal Vignetting
- Easy to use
In The Box
- 1 x K9 compatible adaptor ring.
Here is what Kase technical guru and photographer Stephen Elliott has to say about it…
My favourite lens for landscapes is the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 pro It’s an Ultra Wide Angle Lens with a full frame equivalent of 14-28mm. The lens has a fixed petal lens hood and a huge bulbous front lens element so was not really designed to be used with filters.
As a landscape photographer filters are part of my workflow so a solution to use them with the 7-14 was something I needed to find, luckily there are a few options available.
- A couple of companies make a holder that uses 150mm filters, for me this was not an option as I have a good number of Kase 100mm filters which I can use on all my other lenses so purchasing a set just to use on the 7-14 would be expensive plus they are big and heavy, I need something that I can use with my 100mm filters.
- A well known filter company produces one that you can use 100mm filters but the downside with this one is severe vignetting on focal lengths below 10mm so no good if you want to use the wide end of the lens.
- 3D printed adapters, there are 2 of these that I know of and have been using one for a number of years to good effect, the one I’ve been using slides over the lens hood and has 4 tabs that locate at the base of the hood petals and relies on a foam strip on the inside of the adaptor as a friction fit on the hood. The filter holder then fixes to the printed adapter. It works well but it can move forward and the nylon tabs can break if the holder is knocked.
Enter the Kase 100mm adaptor ring, this is CNC machined from aluminium, anodised in a matt black finish (to absorb reflections) and like the 3D printed adapter has 4 tabs that locate it into the correct position on the lens hood, a further ring on the back is screwed clockwise to lock the ring onto the outer part of the lens hood. Once locked you can then fit the Kase K9 holder and you are ready to use your filters.
The holder in action.
Phone shot of the back of my camera, showing the view over Stanage Edge shooting at 7mm with the Kase Wolverine 4 stop reverse grad filter
The K9 filter holder with 2 filter slots fitted can be used at 7mm with no vignetting when the holder is level or at a slight angle, when angled at 45 degrees a small amount of vignetting can be seen in the extreme corners of the frame, this is easily removed in post production (I use the spot removal tool) or zooming in to around 7.5mm and it disappears completely.
Due to the physical size of the lens you are unable to use the supplied magnetic CPL with the K9 holder but a 100x100mm slot in circular polarising filter can be bought separately.