The Black Mist filter lowers contrast by suppressing and diffusing highlights and lifting shadows to help balance the tonal range of the image. It creates a cinematic look and is also commonly used to soften wrinkles, blemishes and creates a flattering image of a subject. The effect is most effective when capturing light that diffuses softly when backlit, creating a transparent light that looks like it was taken with a high-quality vintage lens.
Each optical glass surface features KASE’s Nano coating for an improved beading effect when in contact with water, oil, or grease for greater cleaning efficiency. Constructed with a high-quality brass frame for enhanced durability and jamming prevention.
- Reduces highlights and lowers contrast
- Creates a cinematic look
- Softens wrinkles and blemishes
- Delicately captures flare
- Creates a soft, pastel-like quality
- Softly diffuses light
- Resolution maintained while contrast and sharpness are understated
- Magnetic Attachment Design
In the Box
- Kase Magnetic Black Mist Filter 1/2 82mm
- Kase 82mm Magnetic Adaptor Ring
Learn more about how the Black Mist filter works with Kase Partner, Paul Thomson.